Friday, October 31, 2008

What's up with That? (and other news)

I love fall, because it's the beginning of the Soup Season. Yesterday Nate put in our first batch of Italian Bean Soup. The night before, he put the beans and water in to soak. Then yesterday morning he drained them and added the rest of the ingredients. Last night at dinner time...the beans were still hard! I left the crock pot on all night long and finally this morning they are just about ready, but this has never happened before. I don't know if my crock pot is dying or if the beans were defective...I mean, you are supposed to be able to dry the beans just so they can be kept for a long time, right? So 'old' beans shouldn't be a problem, should it?

Job News: Looks like I have only two weeks left on this job. I had to take another job offer, for another temp job that doesn't pay as well and isn't as nice, but the people where I am at can't guarantee that they can keep me, so I really had no choice.

Whine for the Morning: I want to wear a blanket to work. I am cold and crabby. I did not want to get out of bed. I don't like the outfit I picked out for today. Thanks for listening!

No comments: