Saturday, October 18, 2008

What To Do If Child Swallows Thumbtack

Someone googled the title to this post and got my blog in response. At least now they know they aren't alone!

The answer, btw, is to call the doctor and/or take the child directly to the ER to be x-rayed ASAP! If the thumbtack punctures the esophogus surgery must be performed, and if it makes it all the way down to the stomach, feed them white bread and follow it back and forth across the abdoment with a metal detector as it travels through the intestines. Oh, and go digging when the kid quits beeping.

That's what we did, anyway.

In other search engine news, lots of people seem to be googling my name, a couple Jukido googles, and then there was the 'what to do if I have mosquitos in my grass'....well, I am sorry I was no help on that one. Oh, and the person with grass stains on their gi? Oxyclean is the answer. Lots and lots of it.

No comments: