Sunday, October 19, 2008

Day of Rest

I seem to have a problem. Apparently while my heart is that of a Sunday-worshipper, my body is a 7th day believer.

This is what happens when I work full-time. I get absolutely nothing done on Saturdays! Which means that Sundays are a scramble, and never long enough, partially due to spending half the day in church. Today we actually skipped church because we had family coming over for Nate's birthday dinner at 1. It went well, but missing church is not good.

So Nate is at youth group with Li'l Sis and normally I would be, oh, taking a bubble bath, reading a novel, or something like that. Instead I am washing laundry, making my bed, ironing, figuring out what on earth I will wear to work in the morning, folding laundry, packing lunches, drawing up school assignments for the week, etc. Not so fun or restful.

Somehow I have got to re-adjust my thinking so that Saturday is a work day (home work) and Sunday is the lazy day. We all need a lazy day (it was God's idea for a reason!), it's just that when I am lazy on Saturday, it throws off my week. I think some of it is rebellion. I am angry that I have to work (don't get me wrong, I am grateful for my paychecks!), especially since I SO miss being home and seeing the kids. Yesterday when Nate woke up he came out into the living room and said, 'Oh, yippee, you get to stay home today!' Part of it is actually physical exhaustion, as well. I'm not sure how to solve all of this, but I am darn well gonna try.

No comments: