Friday, October 17, 2008

May I Have Some Cheese With My Whine?

So, this is Day 3 on the job. Complications of a sedentary job are beginning to set in.

My desk/computer setup is one of those monitor-under-the-glass-desktop things. Who invented this? Someone with no neck?! I stare DOWN all day and it's getting painful. Additionally, it's just far enough away that it's a strain to see it without glasses, but it's too close to wear my glasses. I am forever leaning forward and squinting.

Also, my back and arms, butt and legs...yeah, basically all of me except my feet...are protesting my lack of movement. I don't know how to solve this problem. I am SO tired when I get home from work, and there's schoolwork to correct, dinner to fix, jukido and basketball practices to go back and forth from. All I want to do, of course, is lay on the couch or go straight to bed, and that won't help in the movement department. I wear skirts and dress shoes to work, so walking on my lunch doesn't seem like a good idea, either. I'd have to completely change my clothes, and then there's the sweat-and-smell factor. hmph. Come to think of it, perhaps the reason the last two days were more comfortable than today is that I spent half my lunches walking all over campus filling out paperwork and visiting offices. Maybe a leisurely walk would work?

In trying to decide what certificate to aim for, perhaps I should conclude that office work isn't actually for me. I'm just so darn good at it, though! Fortunately, I don't have to make that decision today.

No comments: