Saturday, May 30, 2009

Raoul and the Boys

Raoul had already met my dad and his family (minus Li'l Sis as she was away at camp), but until last night had not yet met my children. To be honest, I was petrified. The boys are outspoken to say the least, and I was afraid one or both would say something terribly embarrassing. I wanted all parties to leave the evening figuring they could spend more time with the others.

Fortunately, even though the boys were a tad goofy, everyone got along just fine. Now, at times that was at my expense, but that is a small price to pay. Raoul beat the socks off the rest of us at Scrabble. Dinner was acceptable. I unilaterally vetoed any Twister suggestions. All went pretty well and I think future 'dates' of this nature are possible.

So, in case no one noticed, the one-year anniversary of this blog's beginnings passed this week!

No comments: