Tuesday, June 2, 2009

At Least He's Persistent

Remember Alex Tran, the boy who wrote that high school seniors have the right to be left alone by substitute teachers? He waited out his 30 days and then, seriously, he wrote again in response to all his critics.

You can tell me all you want about how substitute teachers are people too, but
if the best you can do is tell me how I'm going to be told what to do my whole
life and that I'm an immature little kid who needs to run to his mommy, then
you've done nothing to change my opinion.


I am not sure what his point is. I am even less impressed with him than before...not only is he being childish, but he is stubbornly insisting on being childish. His poor father wrote to the paper, as well, basically to protest that he hadn't tried to teach his son to be a brat. All I know is, this kid has a lesson to learn, and the sooner the better for all concerned!

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

Persistence is not always a virtue!