Saturday, April 4, 2009

Surely I said Every OTHER Day...

I think today is the 4th. In fact, I am almost sure of it. I can't believe how fast the year has gone by, or the years, for that matter. My firstborn will be 16 on Monday, and while I was not without warning, it's still a bit of a shock.

Still juggling the new schedule, and dropping a lot of balls. I think we are keeping our heads above water, though.

Speaking of water, I am ready for some swimming. I even have a suit! For years I have meant to make one, as I can't find one that fits and is modest enough to suit me (um, no pun intended). But, I got a decent one on Junonia's clearance sale the other day and now I am all set. Just need a pool and about 20 degrees! LOL Now I can still make a suit, when I get around to it, but I won't have to go another summer without. I about drooled during Nate's SCUBA lesson, the water looked so inviting.

What I have not been successful at finding is a pair of good sandals. I am wearing tennis shoes with a short skirt today and it's just not quite right. My flip flops are not great for walking around in, though, and I work in a very large building. I am thinking Teva sandals, which range between very ugly and very expensive. These are my favorites so far. I have no idea if they will fit, though, or what color I should get.

Well, that's all I have at the moment. I was going to tirade about Michael Shearer, but perhaps that will wait until later.

No comments: