Monday, April 6, 2009

Feeling Old

Nate is reading my college Computer Sci. text again. He keeps saying, 'way back then' and it is bothering me. Then he said I was positively ANCIENT in computer years. Forget dog years, apparently computer years whiz by much faster, and that is what I am to be judged against.

The other day I forgot how old I was.

This morning I registered my BABY, who also turned 16 today, btw, at the same high school that I went to (ironically enough, when I was pregnant with that same baby). Thankfully, some of the teachers I had are still there, so I can't be THAT old, right? Poor teachers. My dad went to the same high school. I'm amazed it's still standing now that it's on the third generation of our family. Dad's picture is still hanging in the gym. Mine might be hanging in the theater, but I haven't checked in a while.

I didn't realize how miserable I was at that school until I had to go back in today. I practically had flashbacks, PTSD-style.

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

I am a lot older than you and didn't have my first baby till I was a month shy of 30. She just turned 15, which means I'm about to hit 45. I don't feel bad about it at all. I'm wondering how long it will be before all my hair turns grey.

shadowspring said...

Hi Jen! It's funny how life turns around on us like that, huh? I don't remember much about my high school days except the "high" part! I wonder what would come back to me if I were to return to my old campus? Hmmmm. Trippy.