Tuesday, November 18, 2008

5:45

I got the shift I asked for. This means that in three weeks, I will be working at 5:45 a.m. Tuesdays through Saturdays. No, really.

I know that I can do this, because we had that paper route for a year and a half, and so we were up at 3:30 every morning, with only five days off in that amount of time. But it still seems like a terrible, fearful thing. I am trying to figure out how to work this one. Do I get up at four and do my usual morning routine? Do I go to work in my pajamas (this is allowed. Now, if you are late three times they will fire you, but you can come to work looking like you are still in bed, and there's no problem with that!)? Do I shower the night before so that I am clean? If I do this, may hair usually looks awful. But hats are allowed. Do I eat breakfast at home, or start packing them like I do my lunches, and just eat at my desk to shave off another 20 minutes? How low should I allow my standards to sink?

The good news is that I will be off before three every afternoon. Of course, I will be in bed by 4:30 in the afternoon...well, maybe not that early, but I am sure I will WANT to. And definitely, no matter how much Nate begs, there will be no more staying up late watching movies!

2 comments:

Christina said...

Maybe you can shower at night and then spray your hair a little wet in the morning to fix the bedhead.

Anonymous said...

I vote shower at night, fix it in the morning, get every single thing ready the night before so you don't have to look for anything. Bring your breakfast with you...fruit would be easy.

How far do you have to drive? I'd get up 20 minutes before I had to leave if I had to work that early. :P